Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ain't He Grand!

I got a wonderful surprise today when The Great One came over to visit. I haven't seen him in over a year and I missed him fiercely. I love hearing his stories. Being my favorite Uncle I have an image of him being very civil. I always have to bite my cheek from laughing every time he says something that I don't expect him to say.

He was talking about taking his daughter's dogs to the groomer and said that all the groomer needs to do is "trim Mac's pooper and she's good." I am no stranger to the word "pooper" but not from The Great One. He let out at least one more mention of Mac's poop and I was giggling.

He made it clear that he was here to see his favorite niece not just his sister.



This is The Great One giving me one of many hugs at my sister's (the Glamazon) wedding last year. He is not a hugger in the least but I am special in that way. He even gave me a nickname , Mill.

"It's called a lance, hello!!!" Wat A Knight's Tale

1 comment:

dianne said...

ahem ... i don't remember those being his EXACT WORDS ... i'm sure that Skip loves ALL of his nieces equally - you are just short enough that it makes him feel tall when he stands next to you so he doesn't mind giving you a hug for the camera ... and i think that Mill is a dumb nickname - and i'm NOT just jealous because his nickname for me is Hey You ...... wait till he starts calling you Shorty