Saturday, March 20, 2010

Twisted Peppermint!!!

This months Friday Night Sew In was the best I have had yet.

Corned Beef, potatoes, BEER BREAD, and wrestling all in one night would be splendid. If you add working on my peppermint quilt it made my night perfect.

I have blogged about my paper pieced BOM before, but I only decided this week to embroider blocks to make the quilt bigger. I am making the alphabet into candy canes.



Mom found the perfect tin to put my work in. Isn't it just the cutest thing?

The food was great (Thank you mom you are the greatest ever) and the wrestling was pure entertainment, good guys won some and the good guys lost some, all in all a picture perfect night.

Jocelyn: "Better a silly girl with a flower than a silly boy with a horse and a stick."
Wat: "It's called a 'Lance.' Hello?" A Knights Tale

3 comments:

dianne said...

your paper-pieced BOM quilt is gonna be AWESOME with those candy cane letters!

i wonder why you are not sick from that food (like i am) - probably cuz you left the soggy bread (pudding) in the casserole, huh?

i have a LAHHHHnnnnCE, you know ... it is NOT a SPEAR!!!

Thelma said...

I've got to do that Friday night sew in sometime, you all make it sound so fun.

I LOVE and I mean really LOVE those peppermint alphabet blocks, great choice and wonderful job.

The tin is cute, almost makes up for getting your St. Patty's day dinner a day late.

Kim said...

Excellent peppermint blocks! This is going to be such a great project!