Tuesday, June 2, 2009

4th Meal

I came down stairs to get a drink this afternoon and I smelled something so good and very familiar. It was on the tip of my tongue but I couldn't figure it out. I went out to get the mail and came back in and smelled it again. It hit me. What I was smelling was Taco Bell's chicken fiesta bowl. I love those things. They are so good.
But I knew it couldn't be that, so I investigated the smell with my ever so clever nose. Under a bread cloth on the counter was a small crock-pot. I opened it and had a peek inside. Low and behold - it was my mom's famous homemade meatballs cooking in her even more famous homemade spaghetti sauce. Now, this meal will taste nothing like Taco Bell, it will taste even better!



It may look ugly, but in my family we always say the uglier it looks the better it is going to taste when dinner comes.
Although I am stuck with a very large craving for Taco Bell's chicken fiesta bowl. Meh - what can you do?

1 comment:

dianne said...

well now, i'm YOUR huckleberry ... now aren't i???!!!

i dunno whether to laugh or smack you upside the head - comparing the meatballs i slaved over a hot stove for with Taco Bell??!! if i didn't know how much you love TB ... why ... i'd...