Saturday, August 8, 2009

Quilt Shop Hop Day 1

Every year my mom and I try to go on the Rocky Mountain Fever Quilt Shop Hop. This year we did go. We got in the car to start and I found a stowaway. Boxy is my nephew NoJo's stuffed pet turtle. Well alright we said there is always room for one more on the road. Especially since Boxy doesn't talk or eat ... so he was excellent company.



We made our way through the north shops on Friday. We started at the shop where I first learned how to quilt, Tomorrow's Heirlooms. Boxy was more than excited to join us on our little trip. I could almost hear my nephee-poo on the road with us. "Are we there yet?" "Two more shops?" "Can we get something to eat?" "Do I get to buy anything?" "Do we have to go in there?" Yes he is like all kids. I love him in spite of that.



Next stop was The Patch Works. Boxy enjoyed the scenery out side more than the shop itself. I did find some flannel that I thought might work for my Snowman embroidery quilt that I have started. So I bought a fat quarter to bring home to see. And it's perfect. As it turns out it happens to be at the shop that has the dark green batik that is one of the fabrics specially made for this shop hop. I know where we will be heading up to in a couple weeks.



Our last stop on Day 1 was Harriet's Treadle Arts. Boxy was overwhelmed by the traffic and had to sit down to get his photo taken. I love this shop. It was a bit crowded for my taste but still fun. I bought my grandma a birthday card there. Her birthday is Sunday and I wanted to get her an exceptional card found on our annual journey.



"I think I cracked a rib, too." Jack O'Neill
"Why didn't you say something?" Samantha Carter
"I was afraid you'd try to put a splint on it." Jack O'Neill Stargate SG-1

1 comment:

dianne said...

Granny is gonna love that card with the ducky buttons!

and i'm glad that Boxy didn't eat any of your onion rings AND that you got home in time to watch some rasslin'

i love the snowflake flannel - are you sure you aren't stitching the snowman quilt for me?