Saturday, August 8, 2009

Quilt Shop Hop Day 2

Day 2 of the Rocky Mountain Fever Quilt Shop Hop started out at The Quilter's Studio. They weren't a part of the shop hop, but we were there at the crack of dawn for our Saturday Sampler meeting. Boxy and Mingo became fast friends and were extremely hard to separate when we had to leave.


Yes, that is me holding Boxy. He isn't too steady on his feet that early in the morning.

The first real shop we visited on Day 2 was Fabric Expressions. Boxy is as much of a ham as his owner, NoJo. The shop was not nearly as stressful inside as it was to find. I was, unfortunately, the navigator on the trip. I can't follow a map to save my life. We ended up on a road out of no where. I still don't know how it happened. We made it, eventually, safe and sound. I bought a charm pack and a blue batik to go with my Snowman embroidery quilt that I am stitching.


It was someone's birthday and there was cake there. It looked quite good.

The next stop was The Creative Needle. This was not nearly as hard to find as Fabric Expressions. Their shop hop quilt was by far the best. It was also the most cramped shop. I bought a purple batik to go with my Snowman embroidery quilt. Mom got a fat quarter of the specialty fabric.


You can imagine the looks I got carrying Boxy through the shop, but neither one of us really cared.

The next stop was Holly's Quilt Cabin. This is a shop that both my mom and I were looking forward to visiting. The fabric here is the exact replica of our personalities and tastes. I got three Christmas fat quarters and a Halloween fat quarter.



Now, the next stop was one we planned to do on Day 3. But since it wasn't yet noon we decided to just suck it up and visit the last two shops, get done, and stitch on Day 3 instead. I hadn't gotten directions to The Great American Quilt Factory from Holly's Quilt Cabin. So we sat in the parking lot and figured it out. We spent a lot of money last year so we went in very wary. We made it out with out spending a dime and we were really proud.



Our last stop of the Rocky Mountain Quilt Fever Shop Hop was High Prairie Quilts. Here again my very lacking skills of following a map or reading street signs failed me. We had to turn around at least twice because I missed the street or read the directions wrong. Here mom found several things to buy. I was excited to receive my pin for finishing the journey.



We were back in our home town by 4 so we decided to go back up to The Patch Works to buy the flannel that I wanted. Boxy had other ideas in mind when he laid his beady eyes on the flannel I was going to buy. He clearly said to mom and I, "It's Mine!!!"


Man, does that turtle have a mean streak.

"General, without meaning, this time, to sound like a smartass, are you cracked?" Jack O'Neill Stargate SG-1

1 comment:

dianne said...

didn't you actually TEACH map & compass reading at Outdoor Lab ... how many kids did you LOSE that year?!?

anywho, you may have received a D in navigating, but you get a B in preparation and a B in snacks and an A+ in companionship!